The summer has eventually arrived. Are you looking for a tasty drink to cool you down? What about trying this delicious mint orange lemonade? Not too sweet, not too bitter. Simply perfect. Your family members and friends will love it as well.
There are many recipes for lemonade available. However, most of them which I have come across contain sugar. Lots of sugar, in fact! On average about 1 cup of sugar is added to lemonade recipes what does not make it a healthier drink than any other soft drink or a can of Coke. If you suffer from PCOS, you know that sugar is one of your greatest enemies and its consumption should be reduced as much as possible. I know, it is easy to say but not that easy to do as sugar is added (almost) everywhere today.
Therefore, I have been looking for an alternative solution. ‘What about if I add some oranges?’ I thought. Lemonade with oranges did not sound too convincing to me but I decided to give it a go. It was a good choice. The sweetness of oranges smoothed out the bitterness of lemons. No sugar needed at all. Lemonade with oranges? Why not?! It is very easy to prepare and, in addition to that, it, will cost you pennies.
- 1 lime
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- Large handful mint leaves
- 1litre of spring still (or sparkling, if you prefer) mineral water
- Some ice cubes
Serving: 4 people
- Juice 1 lemon and 1 orange.
- Put mint leaves into a pitcher, add juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange and muddle for a few seconds using a pestle.
- Cut 1 orange, 1 lemon and lime into slices and add them to the pitcher.
- Add still (or sparkling) water and stir to combine.
- Add some ice cubes. Your freshly squeezed mint orange lemonade is ready to be served.